Abandon Ship’s newest update features a new region, a new standalone story, ghost ships, undead kraken and other spooky goings-on. Have a look.
Abandon Ship has received a new update, and this one’s all about scares and spooks. It’s titled “The Haunted Sea”, and believe it or not, it actually is about a haunted sea. You can explore it as part of a new standalone story, or as a side-quest in the main game itself.
Here’s how the standalone story works:
On a routine visit to the port of Mox-Mortis, a strange ship lures you deep into The Haunted Seas. Trapped in Death’s own realm, you must overcome all kinds of unusual challenges while trying to uncover the truth:
- Battle ghost ships crewed by the soulless, Lich Captains resurrecting fallen comrades. They fire strange weapons that soak the deck in blood – zombies emerging from it to attack your crew. Face Undead Kraken in the Giants Graveyard.
- Even the environment conspires against you. Play the correct tune to overcome Organ Island, navigate your way through the Labyrinth and flee a malevolent ice-being as it chases your vessel, attempting to crush it.
- Use the new Souls currency to repair your ship and heal your crew outside of ports. You can even bring long-dead comrades back to life!
There’s also new enhancements to the base game:
- New Ship Section Upgrades. Originally only able to select 3 section upgrades, this new menu in port allows you to select 35.
- Ship Storage allows you to keep weapons in your hold, meaning you can change loadout without having to visit port. Normally like to get in close, but this isn’t working against Sea Forts? Switch to long-range weapons and prepare to engage on your terms!
- Two new difficulty levels cater to both casual and hardcore players.
Have a look at the trailer here:
For more information, check out the announcement blog post here.