Care to put on a horned helmet and go exploring a new continent? Northgard has finally released and you can get it right now for PC on Steam.
Northgard’s earned itself something of a following while in Early Access, and now it’s finally out into the wild world of full Steam releases. You can get your hands on it at the Steam page right now, where it’s going for a 25% discount during the launch week.
Northgard is a real-time strategy game in which you control the destiny of a Viking clan that’s arrived on a new continent. Things aren’t quite rosy for our intrepid settlers, as they find themselves contending with harsh winters, imposing giants, and even undead warriors (why hello there, Skyrim fans!).
The full game also includes a singleplayer campaign titled “Rig’s Saga”. In it, the Viking High King (who enjoyed hiking, maybe?) has been murdered by a man named Hagen. You play as Rig, the heir to the throne, who must now journey to Northgard and uncover the truth behind his father’s assassination.
Here’s a bunch of other features that the game proudly boasts:
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster…)
- Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading…)
- Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities
- Enjoy dedicated servers and grind the ranks to reach the final Norse God rank!
And finally, check out the official release trailer:
Northgard has been developed by France-based Shiro Games, whose previous work includes the retro-throwback RPGs Evoland and Evoland 2: A Slight Case of Spacetime Continuum Disorder.