Dogma: Eternal Night is on Kickstarter
03 Dec, 2015
Dogma: Eternal Night is a sandbox MMORPG, where you will take on the role of a vampire and, like other supernatural entities, try to survive in a modern megalopolis. You will become one of the non-living and join a vast community of those who dwell in the night and conceal their existence from mortals.
Dogma: Eternal Night has been inspired by games such as EVE Online, Secret World, Assassins Creed, Batman Arkham series and many others. We’ve incorporated elements of advanced social interactions between players and NPCs, unrestrained movement around the vast cities, and also tried to preserve and recreate that unique gothic/punk style of the universe.
The world of the undead goes to great lengths to hide from the eyes of mortals. This immortal society has existed for centuries but it is in a vampire’s nature to resist attaching themselves to any kind of organization or ideological concept. As time passed, only four large organizations have emerged. Kindred prefer to call them the Sabbaths, in memory of the Inquisition mistakenly identifying vampire gatherings as witch conclaves.
society has existed for centuries but it is in a vampire’s nature to resist attaching themselves to any kind of organization or ideological concept. As time passed, only four large organizations have emerged. Kindred prefer to call them the Sabbaths, in memory of the Inquisition mistakenly identifying vampire gatherings as witch conclaves. They are the Domini, the high society of vampires; the Hort Packs, who follow primitive rules of survival and natural selection; the Orthodox Theocracy, who are a conservative religious organisation; a sovereign church-society lead by a Holy Crown; and the CRUOR Corp, a global corporation that was established during the times of industrial revolution.
With a game based on the principle of free trade; any item can be put on sale on the Black Market. Just visit an Establishment, register the trade offer (indicate the price and the length of the auction) and pay the tax set by the owner of the Establishment.
Potential buyers, interested in your item, will pay the necessary sum and will be able to pick up the item from the chosen location. Market interfaces are available in every Establishment and will show offers from all around the city; however, you will have to pick up the item yourself.
- Thousands of players online, all on one server.
- Cities and monuments, adapted from the real world.
- Dynamic environment – your deeds can influence others, as well as the world.
- No Boundaries – develop your character the way you want.
- There are no class or level restrictions. Plenty of opportunities for social encounters, allowing you to establish contacts, intermingle with other players and make deals with your enemy.
- The possibility of death will keep you on edge and force you to carefully think through your actions.
- Live in-game events. Bringing the players and main story-arc characters together, whom you know,love and possibly hate from the Dogma story while encompassing all facets of the MMORPG world(PvP, RP and PvE).
Dogma: Eternal Night is currently on Kickstarter, and is creating a bit of a buzz amongst backers who are eagerly awaiting the game. With various pledges raging from early access copies of the game digital art books, and lots of in-game goodies, this is a campaign that you are going to want to be a part of.