Indie Game Releases of the Week: 30th September to 6th October 2019
This week in indie games, we have the autobiographical We Met in May, tactical WWII game Warsaw, emotional survival game Neo Cab, and more.
This week we see the beginning of one of the best-looking months for indie releases in quite some time. Our picks for the first week include two games about dating, a tactical WW2-set title, an ’emotional survival’ game about being the last human driver-for-hire, and a sweet-but-creepy horror from Japan. Have a look!
We Met in May (30th September on PC)
Developer: Nina Freeman, Jake Jefferies, Ryan Yoshikami
We Met in May is a collection vignette games about the dates that developer Nina Freeman went on with co-developer Jake Jefferies. The game is oriented towards those who enjoy “romantic comedy, small games, character-driven stories and just… funny stuff in general”, according to the devs.
3rd Eye (30th September on PC)
Developer: 3rd eye project
3rd Eye is an exploration game that looks cute and creepy at once, and it stars Koishi Komeiji from the Touhou Project. You must use your ‘third eye’ to reveal objects in the mental world, but also keep it from going too red.
Warsaw (2nd October on PC)
Developer: Pixelated Milk
Publisher: gaming company
Warsaw is a game set in the titular city when it was occupied by Nazi forces during World War II. You’ll lead a band of civilians and soldiers as they battle for the city in a challenging game of tactics and survival.
Akash: Path of the Five (2nd October on PC, Mac)
Developer: Truant Pixel
Publisher: Truant Pixel
Akash: Path of the Five is an otome dating game featuring 3D environments and full voice acting, in which you play as Aurora, a girl from a race of elementals. Apart from getting to romance one of her five hot classmates, she will also have to navigate a dangerous conflict.
Neo Cab (3rd October on PC, Switch)
Developer: Chance Agency
Publisher: Fellow Traveller
Neo Cab is set in a futuristic world of automated cars, where Lina is the last driver-for-hire left in the city. In this emotional survival game, you learn about the city through your conversations with your passengers, and you must struggle between your own emotional health and your star rating.
Other Indie Releases
- Chop is Dash (30th September on Switch)
- Nobodies (30th September on PC, Mac, Linux)
- Cube World (30th September on PC)
- SpaceLand (30th September on PC)
- Lanternium (1st October on Switch)
- Super Crate Box (1st October on Switch)
- 80 Days (1st October on Switch)
- Spiralagon (2nd October on PC)
- Marginalia (2nd October on PC)
- Norman’s Night In (2nd October on PC)
- Fugue (2nd October on PC, Mac, Linux)
- We Were Here Too (2nd October on Xbox One)
- Spooky Ghosts Dot Com (2nd October on Switch)
- Legrand Legacy: Tale of the Fatebounds (3rd October on PS4, Xbox One)
- CASE: Animatronics (3rd October on Switch)
- Galaxy Champions TV (3rd October on Switch)
- Cubixx (3rd October on Switch)
- Candleman (3rd October on Switch)
- Hexagroove: Tactical DJ (3rd October on Switch)
- Northgard (4th October on Xbox One)
- Anomaly Zone (4th October on PC)
- Slabwell (4th October on Xbox One)
- Rimelands: Hammer of Thor (4th October on Switch)
- The Tiny Bang Story (4th October on Switch)
- One Night Stand (4th October on Switch)
- Beats Runner (4th October on Switch)
- Crossniq+ (4th October on PC, Mac, Linux, Switch)
- Shard (4th October on PC)
- The Sword and the Slime (4th October on PC)
- Pagui (5th October on PC)